No men’s wardrobe is complete without at least 2 leather jackets. It’s not a question of age or size. It is a MUST! Why? Because it’s a wardrobe heritage that will never go out of fashion! It’s a big trend since 1950s.
Besides it’s so equal to biker and bad boy/though guy look, which is always the biggest attraction for women; and also guys.
Leather is sexy. Leather is quality. Leather is a man essential…
Leather jackets has always been considered to be among menswear’s greatest staples.
After saying many good things about leather I have to add that leather trousers are not as welcomed as jackets. In fact don’t wear them at all.
As I mentioned that leather jackets are in fashion since 1950s it’s tricky to keep the style updated which means that the cut of the jacket is crucial.
- No aviator cut
- Bomber style is the best!
- Biker jacket always cool!
- Coloured leather jackets are bold and trendy.
- No leather jackets with faux furs anywhere.
There are many ways that you can rock your leather jackets in the most trendy way.
- Backpacks are one of the ways for an urban street look.
- Opting for a brown leather jacket is an easy way to lend vintage-inspired design.
- Trainers or cool biker boots would be the clever choices with your leather jacket.
- Beanies. It’s not just with leather jackets. Always wear a beanie in winter. That’s what cool guys do. :)
- Combine it with your office look. It looks really good. (You can see how it is done by Benjamin Eidem)
|Benjamin Eidem lensed by Laclan Bailey |
for the FW13 campaign of Boss Orange.
Here are my favorites for men's leather jackets for 2014-15: