2. Go for a skinnier tie.
3. Dress monochromatically
Do what Martin Freeman does, and wear one pattern, or one colour family all over. It’ll avoid breaking the body line.
4. But skip the Man In Black look
Black weirdly has a habit of shrinking you down (hello, Zac Efron) and making you appear smaller than you actually are. Instead, opt for a charcoal grey or blue suit.
5. When buying a suit, consider these factors.
6. Invest in tailoring
This is a no-brainer, but tailoring can seriously transform a good outfit into a great outfit. When it comes to fooling the eye and transforming your silhouette, taking things in to make them fit your body is what will have the biggest impact. Yes, it can cost you, but it can make a huge difference between looking a bit sloppy and lazy to seeming totally put together and on top of it.
7. Keep your shirts shorter.
8. And your hair, too.
9. No horizontal stripes.
10. Go for a “no break” look in your pants.
11. Keep the waist button on your jacket above your navel
Like so. It’ll give you the illusion of a longer torso and legs.
12. Wear V-Necks
The deeper the V, the better, but don't go crazy.
13. Wear your trousers at your waist